The perfection quest
Our commitment is to create exceptional and reliable cosmetic compositions in the service of beauty. Each product, as a targeted formula, is designed by experts to effectively cover the needs of our skin. At Carystea, we are constantly in the search of innovative components in order to develop and improve our product line, taking it one step closer to perfection.
Having a deep environmental consciousness, we created an environmentally friendly packaging line . Our raw materials are recyclable and comply with rules and regulations of the European Union. Moreover, as a company, we urge consumers to recycle and respect nature that is our home.
Carystea is a Greek brand that bases the effectiveness of its products mainly on the benefits provided by nature, for the sake of beauty. Hailing from Karystos, South Evia, all our products are designed and produced in Greece, in accordance with laws and regulations, in a laboratory approved by the national eligible organization (EOF).
Tests (stability, microbiological, ophthalmological, dermatological, etc.) are being performed to all our products before being placed on the market so that the consumer receives a product guaranteed for its quality and reliability. Our formulas, based on natural ingredients, are designed to act effectively against dehydrated, dull skin and against the signs of ageing. Dangerous chemicals like Paraben, Propylene Glycol, Paraffin Oil, Silicones and Mineral Oil are never used in our cosmetic line.
These hazardous substances at a glance:
- Parabens: Chemicals used as preservatives in cosmetics. Mainly used for their fungicides and antibacterial properties. They have low cost and are considered suspicious for various side effects or even cancer. However, this has not been proven yet.
- Propylene Glycol: his synthetic substance with the chemical composition C3H8O can cause dermatitis, toxicity in kidney (Nephrotoxicity) or even liver problems.
- Paraffin Oil: Petrochemical derivative that can cause dry skin and other skin problems.
- Silicones: In concentration more than 2% is likely to cause a reaction, dehydration, flaking and pore enlargement.
- Mineral Oil: Petroleum derivative used in industry as a lubricant. It forms an oily layer on the skin not allowing it to breathe. Therefore, traps toxins storing them in the epidermis.
Against animal testing
Our company is strongly against animal experimentation and testing, a cruel practice for any life form on the planet. Countries such as India, Norway, Israel and the E.U have banned production, trade as long as the importation of cosmetics that are manufactured under such practices.
Other countries like New Zealand, Canada, Australia and the US have proposed legislation to ban them. Thanks to the rapid development of science in the cosmetic field, alternative tests are carried out in laboratories in vitro (in a test tube), in contrast to clinical in vivo tests which are carried out on living beings. So, as a company, we support these alternative practices.
Our dermatological and ophthalmological controls are conducted on volunteers, without putting their physical integrity at risk due to our product’s natural composition.